BRIDAL EMPORIUM is looking for Apprentice or Internship roles within DRESSMAKER / SEAMSTRESS / ALTERATIONS for its sewing room, based in the store, within Leeds city centre. With knowledge of fashion design & making, to alter wedding dresses, bridesmaids etc. We’re an independent bridal shop, with over 8 years experience, made to measure service in house, alterations and in store wedding dress & Co Ord collection, designed and made in Leeds.
A diverse, fashionable, bohemian, vintage, and modern-inspired bridal shop based on creativity and empathy. Taking pride in our customer's journey, well-being, and relationships between the two parties. We're very creative, supportive and imaginative and seeking candidates to join our friendly team.
- Experience in sewing and in use of all types of machinery and necessary tools such as (flatbed industrial machine; overlocker).
- Knowledge of taking composure, keeping our customers satisfied and at ease.
- Knowledge of fixing, placing and / or replacing all kinds of trimmings (buttons, zips, boning, etc).
- Pattern creation, fabric cut and confection.
- Responsible, resolutive person, oriented to quality & style.
- Own personal style, with a supportive, team player attitude who enjoys communicating with others when learning on the store floor with customers.
You Will Learn:
- 121 fitting support, pinning the garment to the customer, with special care, giving them a great wedding dress alterations experience.
- You will be taught the alterations process from 1st fitting to final fitting.
- Engage with sewing within the studio, multitasking during busy alterations seasons.
- Process in house collection, involving pattern cutting, cutting out, making up.
- Checking garments are finished to a high standard.
- Cleaning, pressing and steaming dresses for collection.
- Listening, communicating to your peer seamstress within the work studio, get involved with pushing your sewing knowledge.
We're seeking the perfect candidates to join our in house dressmakers, we're a fun bunch of creatives, who believe in individuality. You may be fresh out of university, in the middle of university, worked a few years in a sewing room/warehouse or even been sewing for yourself for many years, we would love to hear from you. We're creating a dynamic, bespoke service from our boutique, something unique to us and believe that our super power is that we're all dressmakers within the store.
Shop Opening Times: Wednesday 10am-5pm-8pm, Thursday 10am-9pm, Friday 10am-5pm, Saturday 9.30am-5pm.
Working patterns; we are a 4 day working business, which means, we can navigate your working hours within just 4 days, if you want part time or full time. We have working hours between: Wednesday 8am-9pm, Thursday 8am-10pm, Friday 8am-6pm, Saturday 8.30am-5pm.
Pay depending on candidates experience.
Please communicate what your internship desires would be, write up a letter, tell us a bit about yourself, what you're seeking to learn and gain from this experience and what you would like to offer to the studio in time and experience. We would love to get to know our fellow dressmakers.
Do you love social media? Drop us a line if you have any experience.
Team outings & buying trips.
Further development, continuous growth within the business, passed through team members.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary contract, Graduate, Internship
Salary: depends on experience
Send covering letter, CV and availability to: email@example.com